I will post a couple of additional thoughts on these 7 elements in how we can create a great culture and how we can use these elements in products and services. These are concepts that lead us to have real enjoyment in an experience.
These thoughts are presented in "Flow The Psychology of Optimal Experience" byMihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
- Challenging Activity that Requires Skill- Confronting tasks that we have a chance of completing
- Merging of Actions and Awareness- Must be able to concentrate on what we are doing
- Clear Goals and Feedback- Undertaken because the task has clear goals and immediate feedback
- Clear Feedback- Undertaken because the task has clear goals and immediate feedback
- Concentration on the Task at Hand- Removes from awareness the worries and frustrations of everyday life.
- The Paradox of Control- Allow people to control a sense of control over their actions.
- Transformation of Time- Duration of time is altered, time passes quickly, hours appear as minutes.