1. Globality – We Aren’t In Kansas Anymore…
Meeker revealed that 81% of users of the top ten global internet properties are outside the USA, which makes global markets a force to be reckoned with.
2. Mobile – Early Innings Growth, Still…
iPhones, iPods and iPads have revolutionized the market. But Android tablets and phones, at a different price point, are not to be underestimated.
3. User Interface – Text/Graphical/ Touch / Sound / Move
“Sound is going to be bigger than video. Record is the new Qwerty,” say SoundCloud CEO Alexander Ljung.
4. Commerce – Fast / Easy / Fun / Savings = More Important Than Ever…
The ability to click and buy on a mobile device is making a huge difference in mobile commerce. “It’s now an expectation that if you see it on your screen, you can click and buy it,” says Meeker.
5. Advertising – Lookin’ Good…
Look at Google’s click growth for an indicator of advertising health: 23% of clicks on ads is a good sign Meeker says.
6. Content Creation – Changed Forever
Meeker refers to Joanne Bradford from DemandMedia doing a better job at talking about content creation.
7. Technology / Mobile Leadership – Americans Should Be Proud
64% of smartphones have U.S.A. OSes (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) versus 5% 5 years ago.
8. Mega-Trend of 21st Century = Empowerment of People via Connected Mobile Devices
“The ability to get realtime fast and broad information flow is only going to get greater,” says Meeker.
9. Authentic Identity – The Good / Bad / Ugly. But Mostly Good?
“One of the biggest topics of the next ten years,” Meeker says.
10. Economy – Lots of Uncertainty
Despite lots of indicators of uncertainty, “We’ve had a good two weeks.”
11. USA Inc. – Pay Attention!
The US ranks 10th on a list of country by debt. Greece, by comparison, ranks number 3.